Civic Way is a new enterprise, but its team offers decades of proven, hands-on experience helping state and local governments and other civic institutions improve their capacity, services and operations. In fact, Civic Way’s advisors have worked on numerous civic initiatives that illustrate how Civic Way can help its partners strengthen their governance and achieve progress. For example:
- Strategic management – facilitated several efforts to help localities develop vision statements, strategic plans and performance measures for state governments, local governments and civic nonprofits
- Government reform – managed government merger studies in several states, regions and cities, and developed a model or integrating state and local government
- Program management – conducted program audits, assessed the feasibility of proposed programs and recommended measures for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of civic programs
- Civic leadership – recommended strategies for creating or sustaining community action groups
- Executive transition – developed a model executive transition program with numerous templates and led transition efforts for new public executives in many states and localities
Civic Way advisors have assisted innumerable civic institutions with planning their futures, restructuring their organizations, improving their operations and solving stubborn problems that threatened their future.